I don’t normally post back-to-back recipes but I created these amazingly, fantastic brownies today. They just must be shared with the world. Being on Day 2 of my 5 Day Sugar Detox I originally set out to make my No Sugar Snicker’s Bites. I found myself with extra dates and had to come up with something. If you love quick and easy date recipes, be sure to check out my Minimalist eCook Book.
Sadly, I found myself without enough ingredients to do any recipes I found on Pinterest. I figured I’d do my best to figure something out. Little did I know I was in store for a miracle. Seriously.
*The post contains affiliate links. If you choose to make any purchases, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Everything I recommend I do so because I personally love it and I know you would too.
*Click on any ingredient to get my top recommendation
4 oz cacao baking chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup almonds (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Use a food processor or blender to briefly pulse the almonds so they are “chopped” into smaller pieces. Set aside.
3. Use food processor or blender to blend cacao bar into powder. Set aside.
4. Use blender or food processor to blend dates, vanilla, eggs and milk until smooth. (Add more milk as needed.)
5. Combine all ingredients, including baking soda into bowl. Mix with hand-held blender.
6. When mixture is combined, put into greased 9×6 baking pan.
7. Place in oven and cook for 20-22 minutes.
8. Allow at least 30 minutes to cool. Place in fridge if you would like to speed up the process.* These babies are ooey, gooey and delicious, so make sure they get the cooling time or they will be near impossible to cut!*
9. Drizzle with additional cacao if you’d like. (After doing this myself, I think I would have preferred them without it. They are already rich and delicious enough by themselves)
Truly, if you are trying to watch your sugar intake these are a God send. I know it won’t be long before I’m headed back to the store for more. Because of these little angels, I’m starting to feel more and more confident than my sugar detox could last a lifetime! After all, the hardest part for me is chocolate. I think this holds true for most people. Scroll down to see a few more sugar free tidbits you might be interested in if these are right up your alley.