These little bites of heaven are something I have been craving for days and finally made!
These are made with a date based caramel which means you save big time on your sugar intake!
While I no longer eat a vegan diet I am still gluten free. Either way, I make as much of my food friendly to both of these types of diets. Especially desserts. Eating with dietary restrictions is stressful, so I have to cater to myself; and any foodie friends out there
These yummy treats do take a little patience, but no cooking is required. All you need is a craving for chocolate and a high quality blender or food processor! So, let’s get started.
1.5 cups pitted dates
2 dark chocolate or cacao baking bars
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1. Place dates and almond milk into blender or food processor.
2. Once mixture is well blended, spoon a teaspoon at a time into small cupcake liner or parchment paper.
3. Top each teaspoon of date mixture with a small dollop of peanut butter.
4. Add 4-5 peanuts on top of peanut butter.
5. Place in freezer.
6. While your bites are freezing begin melting your chocolate or cacao over low heat in a sauce pan along with coconut oil.
7. Once chocolate mixture is melted, take date bites out of freezer.
8. Drizzle each bite with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate.
9. Place back in freezer until hardened.
I personally love these when they are in the freezer, but I also like my regular Snicker’s like that! The best part is, these little bites still keep their ooey, gooey chewy-ness.
If you are digging the low sugar/sugar free options, check out the recipes page.